Friday, October 28, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

I can't believe that I haven't shared this recipe with you yet! Because this recipe is my specialty. This is the one that started it all. This is the first desert I made for Game Night, and it was a hit.

And the best part is, it is so easy, and it's a total crowd pleaser!


Not to mention, it's Oreos, and it's cheesecake. What could be better?

I decided to make this batch Halloween-y, because Paige-y Paige gave me this wonderful batch of Halloween Oreos, and I only ate a few of them before using them in the cupcakes. See how much self-control I have?

Your ingredients: Oreos, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and cream cheese

First, line all your muffin pans with cupcake liners and put a whole Oreo into the bottom of each one, like this.

Now, beat your cream cheese, add in the sugar and beat, add in the vanilla and beat, then the eggs, then the sour cream. At this point it looks very cheesecake-ish and delicious.

Stir in the chopped-up Oreos by hand. Mine looks orange because of a little food coloring magic, but yours will look white with delicious Oreo flecks.

Spoon the mixture evenly into your cupcake liners and bake for 22 minutes, until the middle doesn't jiggle. Take them out and them cool on a wire rack.


Look how cute and orange they are!

I am going to give you the recipe halved, because the first time I made this I wound up with an obscene amount of these, like 40 cupcakes. So I almost always half the recipe, but sometimes it messes with my brain trying to look at the full recipe and half it. Let's just say that it doubles well- really well.

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes about 18 cupcakes
1 lb. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
24 Oreos, 18 whole and 6 coarsely chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
dash of salt

Preheat your oven to 275°. Line standard muffin tins with cupcake liners, put a whole Oreo in the bottom of each one.

Beat the cream cheese until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add the sugar a little at a time, beat until combined. Add the vanilla, beat until combined. Pour in the eggs a little at a time until combined. Beat in the sour cream and salt until combined.

Stir in the chopped cookies by hand. Pour the mixture evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 22 minutes, until the middles don't jiggle. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment