Saturday, November 5, 2011

Apple Cream Bars

So I have this awesome cousin, her name is Kate, and she has a blog of her own! You should check it out- A Dash of Salter.

She alerted me to this recipe and so, I decided to "give these a whirl," as she suggested.


And you know what, they're easy, they're delicious, and Brandon had two. And the Husband says he even likes them better than Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes- I know, I know. Blasphemy.

So grab a couple of ingredients, and give these things a whirl, because my cousin Katie-poo had a stroke of genius when she told me about these things.

Your ingredients- a can of apple pie filling, yellow cake mix, sour cream, an egg, butter, sugar, and cinnamon

First, melt that butter and mix it together with the yellow cake mix until it looks crumbly like this.

Press it into the bottom of your pan and bake it a little bit.

Now, spread the apple pie filling evenly over that crust, then mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Then take a moment to think about how cinnamon and sugar together is never wrong.

Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of the apples. I know it looks like a lot of sugar. It is, my friends, and I was nervous that it was way too much. But put it all on there , because it turns out delicious. Trust me.

Now, beat your egg, mix it into the sour cream, then spread that on top of the apples. If you want, you can reserve some of the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle it on top, like I did. Now bake that mess.


And look at that! Trust me, it doesn't look exciting but it tastes delicious.

Apple Cream Bars
From my beautiful cousin Kate
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can apple pie filling
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten

Preheat the oven to 350°. Mix together the melted butter and yellow cake mix until crumbly. Press into the bottom of a well-greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes.

Spread the apple pie filling evenly onto the crust. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the apples. Mix together the sour cream and beaten egg and spread over the cinnamon and sugar.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, until they are set.


No comments:

Post a Comment