Friday, June 24, 2011

Cake Batter Chocolate Bark

So, one of my coworkers that I really like, who's moving (boooooo) asked me to bake something for her daughter's teachers.

"I'll pay you!" she said. Like she needed to pay me to bake.

So, after going through a couple of options, we decided on this recipe. I'd always wanted to try it and I though it would package up really cute.

Baking for other people is a little bit more stressful. I mean, I thought that it would be, but it's like, it has to be right. It has to be good.

And I think this turned out pretty well! So I thought I'd share it with you, in case you want to make it to give to someone special.

Ingredients: Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Sprinkles, and... yellow cake mix.


Let me just say, I felt like Charlie Bucket opening up this chocolate. I half-expected there to be a Golden Ticket inside. Godiva is fancy.

So, melt down your dark chocolate in a double boiler. Pour it into a foil-lined 9x13 and pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Melt down your white chocolate in a double boiler. As soon as it's fully melted, whisk in 3 teaspoons of cake mix and take it off the heat for about 3 minutes, until it starts to thicken up. Take the dark chocolate layer out of the freezer and spread the white chocolate on top. Immediately cover with sprinkles. (Sorry, this has to be FAST, and that's why there are no pictures of it) Pop it back in the freezer for 20 more minutes.


Once it's set, you can break it into chunks! It looks very pretty. You have to keep it refrigerated, or the chocolate will melt.

And here's the finished product! I know, I'm not Martha Stewart but I thought it was pretty cute. The bark is actually inside a ziploc bag inside the paper bag, both to keep it insulated during transit and to keep it from making a mess inside the paper bag.

Good luck!

Cake Batter Chocolate Bark
6-7 oz. dark chocolate
12 oz. white chocolate
3 tsp. yellow cake mix
Colored sprinkles

Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment paper. Melt down dark chocolate in a double boiler and pour into the pan. Put the pan into the freezer for 20 minutes.

Melt down white chocolate in a double boiler. As soon as it's melted, whisk in the cake mix. Take off of heat and let sit for 3 minutes, until it thickens.

Pull the dark chocolate out of the freezer and immediately pour on the white chocolate mix. Top with sprinkles, put it back in the freezer for 20 more minutes. Once it's set, break into bark-y pieces. 

Keep refrigerated and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment