Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nutella Cheesecake Brownies

When I pulled these out this morning to photograph, I said, "I will not eat one. I will take pictures, put them back in the pan and go on with my morning."

Because sometimes I can justify eating the slices I cut out to photograph. Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars? It's got dough in it... it's like a biscuit! Orange Mango Bars? Fruit! There's fruit in it! Everyone eats fruit for breakfast!


But there is nothing good to say about eating a brownie at 8:13 AM. Except that.... it's delicious and I'm pretty sure my day's going to be slightly better because of it. In fact, I'm changing my tune.

I have lots of good things to say about eating a Nutella Cheesecake Brownie at 8:13 AM while simultaneously blogging and raving to Backstreet Boys' "Masquerade." You need it in your life.

Your ingredients: Devil's Food Cake Mix, eggs, butter, vanilla, cream cheese, powdered sugar, Nutella

First, mix together the cake mix, 1 egg, and melt one of those sticks of butter and throw it in there too. It'll look like this. Press that evenly into the bottom of your pan.

Next, beat together the cream cheese and nutella until it's creamy. Add the eggs, the rest of the butter melted, and vanilla.

Now, beat in the powdered sugar a little at a time until it's thoroughly mixed. It looks slightly more delicious.

Now just pour that on top of the pressed cake mix, and bake! It comes out looking like this and smelling like chocolate heaven.

Mmm, look at those delicious layers.

Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
Bottom Layer:
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
Top Layer:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 16 oz. box powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.

In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, 1 eggs, and butter. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.

In an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and Nutella until creamy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and melted butter and combine. Add in the powdered sugar a little bit at a time until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture on top of the cake layer and spread evenly.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, until it is set. It's supposed to be gooey, so don't overbake it.



No comments:

Post a Comment