Friday, September 9, 2011

Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes

Look, I have to tell you something. Last week I tried to make S'mores Cookies, and it was an epic, EPIC fail. It was... awful. It was the most disappointing and saddening thing that's ever happened to me in the kitchen. So this week, it was with great trepidation that I went back into the kitchen.

On an unrelated note, I just discovered Nutella. I know, right, I'm about 1,000 years late. But I think that when everybody was all, "I'm really into Nutella," I said I didn't like it because I wanted to be hip by being unhip. Because that's how I roll apparently. But guess what?

NUTELLA IS DELICIOUS. So I went back to every Nutella recipe I'd ever overlooked, and when I saw the word "cheesecake," I stopped. And here they are.

 
They are wonderful.

Your ingredients: Cream cheese, Sour cream, Butter, Graham Cracker crumbs, sugar, eggs, Nutella, condensed milk, and vanilla (oops).

Melt your butter, and mix it in with the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Press about a spoonful into the bottom of your cupcake liners and bake for 5 minutes.

Then, mix together your cream cheese and condensed milk, add the eggs and vanilla, then the sour cream, until it's all smooth, like this.

Pour it on top of the crust. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella into each one, then swirl with a knife. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheesecake is set and they look like....

this! Then just let them cool and refrigerate. Yummm.


Look at this guy! The reason I didn't post last week is because (of the cookie fail and) also I was at DragonCon! I bought him at one of the dealer booths because I fell in love with him on sight. His name is Mister Food, and I think his benevolent prescence is going to forestall any more baking disasters in my kitchen.

Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp. sugar
4 tbsp. butter, melted
2 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup Nutella

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.

In a bowl, mix together with a fork the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press about a tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each of the cupcake liners. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.

In an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, then the sour cream, and mix well. Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Dollop about 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella into each one and swirl with a fork.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheesecake filling doesn't jiggle too much. Cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool for another 10 mintues. Refrigerate at least 30 mintues before serving.

1 comment: