Sunday, September 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart

Sorry people, I got a little blog-lazy this week. I wanted to make something a little different this week. I feel like every week I'm shoving something cheesecake or in bar form down your throat.

So, voila! Something different. And it has peanut butter!

Except that when I wait to take the picture (because I'm lazy) this is all that's left of it.


Yeah, it's delicious.

Your ingredients: Peanut Butter, Pretzel sticks, butter, heavy cream, vanilla, cream cheese, brown sugar

So first, crush up your pretzels, then blend in the brown sugar, then mix it together with the melted butter.

Then press it into your tart pan and bake it. As you can see I didn't bake mine long enough, AS USUAL. So DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO. That's why my crust is all disintegrated in that picture up there.

While your crust is cooling, make your filling. Mix together your softened butter, peanut butter, and cream cheese. Then the brown sugar. 'Till it looks like this.

Then whip up your cream and vanilla (ignore that whisk, I was too lazy to clean out my bowl but it literally takes forever and a lot of muscle unless you use the mixer)

Then just fold those two together....

And spread it onto your crust! Refrigerate... and get tasy peanut butter goodness! Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart
2 cups broken pretzel sticks
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
3 tbsp. butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°.

Finely crush your pretzels, mix in 1/4 cup of the brown sugar. In a bowl, mix together the crushed pretzels with the melted butter. Press into a tart pan then bake for about 18 minutes. Set out to cool on a rack.

In an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and softened butter until creamy. Add in the remaining brown sugar and mix until combined. In a seperate bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla until it looks fluffly, like whipped cream. Fold the two mixtures together, then spread onto your crust.

Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.



1 comment:

  1. This looks AMAZING! I've been looking for a good tart recipe and didn't like the ones I was finding - they all were the same. I just bookmarked this recipe and can't wait to try it! I really love that there's pretzels in the crust! :) I just found your blog and you have a ton of great-looking recipes!

    ReplyDelete